Students work to stay motivated through second semester

Each year, school tests every student’s patience and strength, but everyone finds a way to get  through it. Even on days when school takes forever and it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is nowhere to be found, students must find ways to overcome it. Some students have been trying to push their way through the obstacles to start off second semester strong. 

“There is no secret to staying motivated; I have just been taking it a day at a time,” said Kevin Donalson, senior.  

Donalson said he takes his work a day at a time. Procrastinating and letting work pile up can be very detrimental.     

“I’m trying to not think about senioritis; being a senior in this online school has been hard for so many reasons. It is hard to be a second semester senior and take classes in the comfort of my own home and not get distracted. Senioritis creeps into my brain every once in a while but I am trying to finish strong,” Donalson said. 

All students feel similar emotions; seniors are not the only ones. 

“With the SAT and possibly ACT to prepare for and the whole college process to still go through, it is really stressful and daunting because of the uncertainty of the future in this COVID world. Not being able to meet in person makes everything harder, from college advisory meetings to deciding where I want to go,” said James Miller, junior.

Miller has his own way of staying motivated through the second semester.

“I am trying to stay motivated, but it is hard. It feels like there is no reward for my hard work. The fun parts of school are not happening, and it is hard when it is just the work part of school,” Miller said. 

There is a sense of comfort in the fact that the students know everyone else is going through the same thing. Taking it a day at a time and trying your best every day is the most students can do. Be organized and do not get behind in your classes and always pay attention. It will help not only to get through the semester but also do well.

View Comments (1)